What Steps Are Involved in Frame Straightening Calgary?
The fact that you are reading this probably means you are considering frame straightening Calgary trusts. If you are not aware of what frame straightening is, it is the process of repairing and restoring a vehicle’s frame to its original specifications after it has been damaged or bent due to a collision or accident. The process of frame straightening is quite demanding thus the reason you must be very picky of the auto shop you entrust with this service.
In this post, we shall be taking a look at the steps that are involved in frame straightening Calgary. Having this knowledge can help you be at ease the next time you need frame straightening. This information will also help you ask the right questions when choosing an auto shop. Keep in mind that the steps involved may vary depending on the extent of damage and the type of vehicle you own.
Here are the general steps involved in auto frame straightening:
- Assessment: The first step in the frame straightening process is assessing the damage to the vehicle’s frame. This is done using specialized equipment that can measure the extent of the damage and determine the best course of action.
- Disassembly: The damaged parts may need to be removed in order to properly assess the damage to the frame. This can include removing the body panels, wheels, and suspension components.
- Alignment: Once the damage has been assessed, the frame will be realigned to its original specifications. This is done using specialized equipment such as a hydraulic frame machine. This machine uses hydraulic pressure to gently push and pull the frame back to its original shape.
- Welding: If the frame is too damaged, the repair work may involve welding. Welding is needed to repair cracks or breaks. The work has to be done by a skilled technician to ensure the welds are strong and secure.
- Finishing: After the frame has been straightened and necessary welding has been completed, the parts will be reassembled. This includes reattaching the body panels, suspension components, and wheels.
- Quality control: Before the vehicle is returned to the owner, a good auto shop will take the vehicle through a thorough quality control inspection. This is done to ensure it meets all safety and performance standards.
Frame straightening in Calgary is a complex process that requires specialized equipment and skilled technicians. That is why the most important thing to do is find a reputable auto repair shop. If you need frame straightening for a large vehicle, keep in mind that not every auto shop will be able to accommodate your needs. Find a shop that has experience working on vehicles that are similar to yours.